Basis of vocational pedagogy
This course aims at providing the foundations for modern vocational pedagogy. The participants will explore the concepts and their implementation into professional instruction and quality teaching.
The key topics covered in this course are addressing the most adapted approaches and tools for comprehensive VET. Inputs from SFUVET experts, works sessions and individual work as well as visits to three learning locations - training company, school and training center in Switzerland - are also an integral part of the course.
No date has yet been set for this course.
This is a face-to-face course with an online preparation session.
English or French with a minimum level of B2
No programme available yet.
Professionals involved in the definition and implementation of public policies in the field of competence development systems.
These include, among others:
- employees of ministries responsible for technical and vocational education and training, skills development, employment, finance or other supervisory ministries who oversee training activities;
- representatives of employers' and workers' organisations;
- members of civil society organisations and non-governmental organisations working in the skills development sector;
- representatives of public-private institutions;
- managers of technical and vocational education and training facilities
- professionals in educational relations, teachers, trainers, educational psychologists, guidance counsellors, educational advisers or tutors in different training places such as companies, schools and training centres;
- staff of international cooperation institutions and agencies.
This course is part of the framework of a Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) - Intervention in Skills Development Schemes organised jointly with the International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization (ITCILO).
If you are not a CAS participant, you can still register for this course.
In this case, each participant will receive a certificate of participation if s/he accomplishes at least 80 percent presence. A 90-hour certificate of achievement is also possible for participants who wish to do so. To obtain this certificate, the participant must meet the qualification requirements (see below under Qualification).
Participants have the choice between a written paper of 12-15 pages submitted to the Head of Module or an oral examination.
The cost of the course is CHF 2'100*.
*Costs cover course preparation, implementation, certificates and training materials. Furthermore study visits within the programme of the course. Cost of travel between the participant's home country and the course venue and accommodation is not included.
After successful registration candidates will receive a confirmation and an invoice issued by SFUVET. Participation is guaranteed after full payment of the fees. Cancellation of participation 30 days or more prior to the start date of the course: No penalty. For cancellation 30 days or less prior to the start date of the course 100 percent of the course price is due.