Berger Jean-Louis, Prof. Dr.
Berger Jean-Louis, Prof. Dr.
- 2014-current: Head of the «professional profiles» research field at the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training.
- 2013: Visiting scholar at the Faculty of Education (Psychology of Teaching Research Group), Monash University, Melbourne, Australia (29.01.2013 - 31.03.2013). Inviting professors: H.M.G. Watt and P.W. Richardson
- 2011-2016: Coordinator of the «Educational Sciences» field and lecturer at the Master of Science in Vocational Education and Training at the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training
- 2009: Senior researcher at the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training
- 2008-2009: Visiting scholar at the Combined Program in Education and Psychology, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor. Postdoctoral stage as part of a succession scholarship awarded by the Swiss National Science Foundation. Inviting teacher: S.A. Karabenick
- 2005-2008: Scientific collaborator in the project «Specialised individual grading of apprentices in two-year initial vocational training with federal certificate» associated with the Leading House Learning strategies, Basel. Sponsored by the Federal Office for Professional Education and Technology. Management: Prof. F. P. Büchel
- 2003-2005: Assistant of Professor F. P. Büchel, University of Geneva, Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, Section of Educational Sciences, team of Cognitive Education in Special Education
- 1998-2003: Specialized teacher and educator
- 2011-2016: Coordination of the «Educational Sciences» field (15 ECTS) and teaching in the context of the Master of Science in Vocational Education and Training, Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training
- Module «Introduction to Educational Sciences» (5 ECTS).
- Module «Educational sciences: in-depth study in the context of vocational training» (5 ECTS).
- Module «Learning conditions and knowledge evaluation in vocational training» (5 ECTS).
- Various courses in the initial and on-going formation of teachers at Pedagogical Universities and at the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training
- Member of the Association for the Development of Evaluation Methodologies in Education (ADMEE)
- Member of the European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction (EARLI)
- Member of the American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- European editor of the journal Mesure and educational assessment (2018-)
- Editorial Board Member of AERA Open (2014-2016)
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal for Research in Vocational Education and Training (2014-)
Kipfer, V. (2019). Une exposition permet de se mettre dans la peau d'un prof. Interview avec Prof. Dr Jean-Louis Berger et Dre Kim Lê Van. Migros Magazine, 21.01.2019, 16.
- Pelozzi, J. (2018). Auf dem Weg zur Professionalisierung von Ausbildner/innen. Interview mit Prof. Dr. Jean-Louis Berger, Leiter Forschungsfeld Berufsprofile, EHB. Skilled, 2, 40.
Auf dem Weg zur Professionalisierung von Ausbildner/innen - Skilled 2/2018 (pdf)
Projekt: Der Wandel der Konzeptionen von Lehrpersonen während ihrer Ausbildung
Pelozzi, J. (2018). Vers la professionnalisation des personnes formatrices. Interview avec Prof. Dr Jean-Louis Berger, responsable du champ de recherche « Profils professionnels », IFFP. Skilled, 2, 40.
Vers la professionnalisation des personnes formatrices - Skilled 2/2018 (pdf)
Projet: L’évolution des conceptions des enseignant-e-s durant leur formation
Pelozzi, J. (2018). Verso la professionalizzazione delle persone formatrici. Interview con il Prof. Dr. Jean-Louis Berger, responsabile del campo di ricerca Profili professionali, IUFFP. Skilled, 2, 40.
Verso la professionalizzazione delle persone formatrici - Skilled 2/2018 (pdf)
Progetto: L’evoluzione delle concezioni degli e delle insegnanti durante la loro formazione
- Teaching in the context of vocational training
- Teachers' conceptions
- Teaching practices
- Teachers' motivation
- Metacognition, learning strategies and self-regulated learning
- Cognitive education and learning difficulties
- Quality of education and training
- Apprentices' perceptions of their training
- 2009: Post-doctoral at the Combined Program in Education and Psychology, University of Michigan
- 2003-2008: Doctorate in Educational Sciences, University of Geneva
- 1998-2003: Degree in Educational Sciences (equivalent to the University Master's degree), University of Geneva
- 1998: Federal maturity of a commercial type, School of Economics and Management, Geneva